About Me

My photo
I love being a mother, taking pictures, and lazy days on the beach.

Friday, March 14, 2008

My baby is almost 2 months old!

I can't believe my little man is almost 2 months old. Of course that also means that I have to go back to work as well :(

He is so much more mobile now. He loves to spend his mornings kicking his arms and legs and making little cooing sounds. He's quite the kicker!


His face is so much more round now and he has these big adorable eyes that just love to soak in every aspect of the world around him. Its near impossible to get him to nap these days. He just hates to close his eyes!


His neck is getting stronger and he now can hold his head up for a few secons here and there. We try to do at least one tummy time a day, but lately he's been a little lazy about it!


He is such a happy morning baby. He will even give me an occasional smile and always coos and squeals. Here is a classic morning face.


He starts daycare on Monday. I'm sure it will be more of an adjustment for me than for him! I'm not looking forward to missing out on portions of his life. I will start back working 3 days a week for 2 weeks. Move to a 4-day a week schedule for 2 weeks, then back to my 5-day workload.

He still feeds all night long. I'm hoping he's going through a growth spurt or something. He's been sleeping more in the day and eating more at night. He's also been quite the spitter-upper!! I'm hoping that gets better soon as well. I'm not sure who wears the spit-up more, me or him!

2 comments:

Mandie said...

Adorable!! So sweet. He has changed a lot in two months! Pretty soon, you will be saying he is 10 months (like Nathan). Time goes by so fast! 6 weeks is a common time for a growth spurt (just to let you know). Nathan was up every hour around that time frame. It does get better! Sorry to hear that you have to go back to work. I hope the transition goes smoothly for you both!

Bryce said...

Thinking about you as you go back to work!! That's so great his daycare is so near to your office so you can still go and see him!! He's such a handsome little man! Reese was the night eater, too. But your milk is also the richest and fattiest (I think) at night, so Brenden is just a discriminating eater!