About Me

My photo
I love being a mother, taking pictures, and lazy days on the beach.

Saturday, June 21, 2008

First Fruit!

Today Brenden had his first non-cereal food. He had an avocado (yes, its a fruit). It was really easy to fix. I just sliced up a fresh avocado and mushed a few of the slices with my finger and added some breast milk to thin it out. Like the cereal, he wasn't sure about it at first, but kept opening his mouth for more.



Here's a video clip of the first bite!




Here he is opening wide for a bite

mmmmm, I think I like it!

Its fun to play with my feet between bites!

Eating real food is fun!

Nothing goes better with avocado than a big bite of bib!




He hesitated at first and made lots of funny faces. Then he kept opening his mouth wide for another bite. Then he started getting more vocal between bites as if to say "more more!" And then he started playing with his food - which meant he was done!


Here's a video where he had the hang of it and is more vocal about his eating experience:


2 comments:

April said...

Looks like he loved it!!! He is just too cute!!!

Mandie said...

cute! He is 6 months old already?!!! Where has the time gone?? I swear, we was just born yesterday.