Okay so a lot of people have been saying to me "hey, where did these ultrasound pics come from, we didn't even know you were expecting again!"
I suppose I did sort of just throw those out there without any real explanation. We had told a lot of our friends and family personally so I just assumed that everybody that read our blog already knew.
So here's the "story." As we all know it took almost 3 years and lots of unsuccessful fertility treatments before we had a successful in-vitro fertilization that gave us our sweet Brenden. We weren't even sure it was in the stars for us to have a second child. I had approached Sean about having a second child and he said he wasn't opposed to trying, but was not ready for the money and stress that came along with doing fertility treatments. I agreed and decided I would just resume doing my acupuncture as my cycles were horrible after having Brenden. I had very delayed ovulation and very short (less than 10 days) luteal phases. All of which point to "weak follicles" which is essentially what I had before. I really didn't think I stood a chance at a natural conception. The first 2 months of acupuncture I saw mild improvements in my cycle. Acupuncture isn't a "quick fix" really, its a lot of trying things and adjusting things based on my response, which is sort of the same with fertility drugs. Well the 3rd month doing acupuncture I had a perfect day 14 ovulation. I don't think I had that ever. We actually "missed" ovulation day because I was sure I'd have a late day 20 ovulation like I had so many months before. We did however "try" the day before I ovulated. I knew that meant I stood a chance at being pregnant, but not as good as if we'd actually caught the ovulation day.
So weeks go by and I start to notice my luteal phase was going past 10 days - which was unusual. I had no signs at all that my cycle was going to start. I started also getting weak spells and the shakes a lot - a common symptom with my two previous pregnancies. I went out on a limb and decided to take a home test. I fully expected it to be negative. It wasn't! I didn't tell Sean. I waited and tested the next day and sure enough it was positive again. I finally tell Sean and he is just as stunned as I am. We follow up with the OB and its confirmed - we are pregnant.
At this point I am almost 12 weeks along an saying farewell to the first trimester. I had my 3 month OB appt. today and got to hear a nice strong heartbeat. We are definitely starting to feel more positive and excited about the pregnancy. Its just such a joy and a miracle to get to experience pregnancy again when I wasn't sure it was even possible. I feel so blessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment