Baby-to-be - Baby2 had HIS level 2 ultrasound last week. We were able to see its definitely another boy. He looks perfect and the dr said there was no reason to believe there would be anything wrong with him. That was a huge relief. He was much more mobile in this u/s than in the previous one. He had his hands by his face, then when we tried to see the gender he put his hands "down there" as if he was intentionally covering himself up. Of course everybody asks now "what is his name??" We will likely keep it a secret like we did with Brenden - however I can honestly say at this point we have NO CLUE! Sean and I have read the baby name book a thousand times and nothing seems to jump out at either of us as the perfect name. Its a little frustrating. I still have plenty of time to figure it out, I'm hoping something I didn't like before might warm up to me between now and birth day. Here are some pictures from the ultrasound
Face with hands below the face
Face with hands below the face
Perfect profile - what a cutie-patootie!


Me (Amy)- I'm feeling really good now. I'm past that morning sickness phase but I'm not in that "I feel huge" phase either. I have some minor irritations (reflux, headaches, hip pain) but nothing that I can't handle. All in all I'm feeling really good and enjoying the experience of pregnancy. I can feel kicks and movement of the baby. I wonder if he'll be as active as Brenden was? He was a wild fetus!
Brenden - Brenden is just getting so smart these days. Its so fun to watch him figure stuff out and use his unique ways to communicate. He definitely tests his boundaries, but so far its nothing we cannot manage. He nods his head yes and no all of the time. He has learned some new words - Eyes, Bubble, Whoah (if thats really a word?). I think he's saying Ball too but sometimes its hard to tell. When he climbs down the stairs he turns around backwards to slide down on his belly, feet-first, and starts saying "whoah whoah whoah" before he even goes down the first stair. Its cute. He has learned to pick up all of his bath toys when bath is done. We used to pick up all his toys as the water was going down the drain. Now its like a game to him, the minute Sean hits the stopper to let the water down the drain he quickly scurries around the tub picking up toys and handing them to Sean and I to put in the toy-bag and says "thank you" each time he hands them to us. When we dry him off we always say "dry-dry-dry-dry" so now he says "rye-rye-rye-rye" when we lift him from the tub. Every day he surprises us with something new he's learned and of course Sean and I think each little milestone makes him the smartest baby alive! That boy definitely gets LOTS of positive reinforcement in our house! He knows I can't stand it when he picks his nose so now he does it on purpose in front of me and then takes off running and giggling when I try to chase him down with a tissue. When he isn't teething, he really has such a sweet personality. Life is one big game of chase to him, even if nobody is actually chasing him. Total list of words he says now - mama, dada, thank you, yep, no, bubble, eyes, whoah. Words he has said at least once in imitation of us but doesn't use regularly yet - Ball, jacket, dog, go (he is imitating us tell the dog to GO!) He can do the baby signs for milk, more, and eat. And he knows how to imitate the hand gestures that go with songs (itsy bitsy spider, bringin' home a baby bumble bee, rock-a-bye your bear - he imitates the "shhh shh shh on this one", patty-cake - he'll mark your hand with a B) I could go on and on. Its just amazing how much they learn at this age.




No comments:
Post a Comment