About Me

My photo
I love being a mother, taking pictures, and lazy days on the beach.

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Almost halfway done with June!

How was it that it was just May and now all of the sudden its mid-June??!! Brenden will be 17 months old on the 16th. I can't believe he's almost a year and a half. He's getting so big and independent now. Today we officially retired the high-chair and he eats at the table with a booster seat. He got to where he was having a fit every time we put him in the high chair so we tried the booster seat and he loved it. The booster does have an attachable tray for extra-messy meals if needed. He drinks out of a big-boy cup very well. They've been teaching him this at daycare since he was an infant but now we have less and less spills. He can imitate sounds and also imitate figures he sees on the TV which is new. Like if he's watching the Wiggles and they are dancing he will imitate the same dance moves. Here are some pics for this month:


Enjoying a popcicle treat after my hair cut (Mommy cuts my hair with the clippers). I was very well behaved and sat very still for her.


I think breakfast is better UNDER the chair!


Our local park put in a "splash pad" and we tried it out for the first time today. Brenden was a little fussy to begin with (teething!) so he didn't last long, but he still had fun, and it was a nice way for both of us to cool off. They have 2 sections - one for big kids and one for toddlers. They only charge a dollar per person to get in. You really can't beat that, considering the park is about 3 miles from my doorstep. Its nice to know he's got a place to go when he gets bored.

Here he is playing with the squirter


And another little squirter...
Posted by Picasa

I took a video of him saying banana. I don't know why, but I think its just the cutest thing he says. He always draws out that last part of the word and it sounds so cute and sweet - nanaaaaaaahhhhhhh.



As for Pray2 - he's doing great and quite the active little guy these days. I find my tummy muscles are more sore with this pregnancy. I'm not sure if its because they are still weak from having a C-section less than 2 yrs ago, or lugging around a toddler while pregnant adds to the strain. I've had to be careful how active I am or I end up really sore at the end of the day. I'll be 27 weeks tomorrow. I can't believe how fast this second trimester has gone by. I've suddenly realized I have a LOT to do before this baby gets here. I'd better get started!

1 comment:

April said...

Goodness I can't believe how big he is getting! I love the breakfast pic! hahaha