About Me

My photo
I love being a mother, taking pictures, and lazy days on the beach.

Sunday, August 16, 2009

36 weeks pregnant and a 19 month old toddler

I've finally hit the 36 week mark with my pregnancy. Brenden was born at 35 1/2 weeks. Its hard to think that if this was him, I'd already have a baby. I am in the home stretch now and will have my C-section in a little over 3 weeks. I feel tired and sick a lot. Its a lot like being back in the first trimester again. I have so much pressure on my tummy from the baby that I can only eat very small meals or I get sick or even worse - reflux! I am running out of room for this little one to grow! Here is my big 'ol belly. It just feels SO round now. I bump it into things all of the time! Its getting so hard to hold Brenden now. This morning he couldn't sleep so I took him downstairs to watch a video of his and he laid his head over on my tummy like it was a pillow. It was too cute.



And here is my beautiful 19 month old boy! He's growing up so fast but just amazes us each day with how quickly he learns new things. We've taught him how to say excuse me when he passes gas. So now when he toots he will say "mooo me!" Its too precious. He still uses his baby signs but uses the words too at the same time. This is helpful because sometimes all of his words sound the same. He's up to about 40+ words now and he's got great motor skills. He can watch his wiggles videos and imitate the dance moves exactly. Yesterday he watched Sean use a screwdriver and then he picked it up and started twisting it back and forth. He's still not very graceful. He fell on a sidewalk and bumped his forehead this week at daycare but luckily its much better now. He's been sick for the past 2 days - which is very unlike him. He gets the random cold/cough, but there have probably been about 3 times in his life he's been sick enough to run a fever and really show signs of fatigue. He's had a fever for 2 days now but its not as high today as it was yesterday. Still, the poor baby has no apetite and can't seem to sleep very well yet doesn't have the energy to go at full force like he wants to. I'm hoping by tomorrow the worst of it is past. He just doesn't understand that he needs to slow down and rest in order to feel better.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Maria H. said...

Amy-you look FANTASTIC! Love Brenden jumping and the 19 month photo too. Such a cutie! Can't wait to see the new little one as well! Have a great day!