I have to fight back the tears as I realize today is the LAST day my baby boy will be 4. He is going to be a big 5 year old boy tomorrow. Five just seems like that line in the sand between a preschooler and a big boy. I suppose I have to let him grow up sooner or later! I just didn't expect it to happen so fast.
He's a great big brother and a super smart kid. He takes great care of his little brother Logan. I pray they always get along as well as they do today. It's so fun to just sit back and let them play. Their imaginations just run wild. They love the Imaginext dvd that came with their castle toy. And they love to pretend that they are Octonauts. I actually got to watch HGTV the other day without interruption because they sat in their room and played by themselves for a good hour.
I can't say enough great stuff about my little Brenden. He's so sweet and loving. He loves to hug and snuggle. He really likes to please people. He's got a really big heart. He's also crazy smart. He just absorbs information like a sponge. He has been reading for some time now and he's now spelling out words just by listening to the sounds he hears. He's got a good grasp of basic math skills (addition and subtraction) and can figure out things quickly in his head. Like if there are 6 of something and you give him 3 he can immediately tell you that there are 3 left without really having to do the math. I worried that with him staying home from school he'd lose some of that sharpness, but he finds other ways to take in knowledge. This really proves that his learning is all his doing. I can't take credit for it lol. He loves educational tv... Super Why, WordWorld, etc.
Tomorrow I'll take the day off and we'll celebrate our Brenden as a family, then Saturday we'll have a party for him. Being his mother has been an absolute blessing and joy. He's been my little buddy since the day he was born and placed in my arms for the first time. Sometimes when he looks at me I still see that tiny little 5 lb peanut that slept beside me all those years ago. I know that age is just a number and he will be the same boy tomorrow that he is today. He will continue to light up my life and teach me to love in ways I never thought possible. My little IVF miracle is just that.. a miracle. I love you my little 4 year old boy! Tomorrow I will love my 5 year old big boy even more!
No comments:
Post a Comment