About Me

My photo
I love being a mother, taking pictures, and lazy days on the beach.

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Super Long Blog

I've gotten behind on blogging all of Brenden's milestones and funny moments so I'm going to attempt to catch up in one super long blog post!

I'm sure he's only funny to me most of the time, but still, I think Brenden is just so funny. He's really forming his personality and its just a joy to watch his little mind grow. We've been teaching him to wave bye-bye for weeks now. If you wave to him, he'll wave back. The other day I was giving Brenden a bottle and Sean left the room and Brenden stuck his hand up in the air, other hand still firmly on the bottle, and waved bye. It made me chuckle. He gets it, he understands why we wave, and not just to do it only if someone else does it first. He knows its a way of saying bye.

This picture was taken about a month ago but it makes me laugh every time I look at it.

I was feeding Brenden some yogurt and he really preferred to play and not eat, so I set the little bowl on the coffee table and he went about his merry little way. Moments later I needed to run upstairs to get him a diaper. When I came down I noticed he was entirely too quiet and when I walked in the room he had the bowl of yogurt up to his mouth and was drinking it like it was a cup of water. It was very clear he was enjoying every bit of it as he was making Mmmm Mmmm sounds as he gulped! He looked up at me for a second as if to say "what? Its mine, I decided to eat it MY way!" He actually finished most of it and very little ended up on the floor. Every time I look at the picture I relive the moment in my mind and I always laugh.

He loves to dance. When he hears songs he likes he puts both arms up in the air and bounces up and down and gets so excited. The other day at daycare I set him down to drop him off and the teacher put in a holiday CD and Brenden immediately started swaying back and forth. One day his notes on his daily sheet said he danced so hard his pants fell down!

He can say thank you -- or at least "dah-doo!" He doesn't really know what it means yet but he knows if you give/get something somebody should say dah-doo! Here are 2 video clips of him trying to say thank you.








He's also walking using his push-toy. He'll play with this thing for a long time and get really mad if he gets stuck in a position and can't turn around. Here's a video of him pushing Tow-mater!


No comments: