About Me

My photo
I love being a mother, taking pictures, and lazy days on the beach.

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

23 weeks and counting...

I've hit the 23 mark for this pregnancy and feel really good. I started having issues with my placenta previa around this time with Brenden so its great to not have this time-bomb in my uterus stressing me out all of the time. I find myself almost forgetting that I have a baby coming in just a few more months. For some reason it just seems so far out still but I'm already more than halfway done.

I am definitely getting a nice round belly and packing on the pounds, but I don't stress about it. I lost the weight I gained with B really quickly so I suspect the same will be true with this baby. I don't feel I'm gaining excessive weight. Actually I was a tad bit underweight when I got pregnant so I feel like I'm right on target with the weight gain. I feel like I'm all baby-belly.

Sean and I may be making some progress with the name, but of course we aren't saying anything until he's born. We have a few ideas and we are letting them stew for a while to see what sticks. Its small progress considering a few months ago we couldn't agree on anything.

Brenden is doing great. He's getting 2 new teeth in the front and has one top molar already through and a second one cutting through still. The teething has been a roller-coaster. Some days he's fine, some days he's really fussy and chews on his finger all day long. The molars are definitely giving him more trouble than the front teeth has been. By the time all are completely through he will have 10 teeth (4 top front, 4 bottom front, and 2 top molars).



He's really trying to imitate words now. Even if he can't say the word, he likes to imitate a sound in the word. He likes the "ck" sound so he says that for kick, or will make the sound twice for cracker. He knows what words mean. We can ask him to take his bath or go nite-nite and he will run up the stairs and know exactly what to do. He's saying "nana" for banana and when he doesn't like his dinner will BEG for a "nana." He says Ni-nite at bedtime and if you ask for a kiss he will plant a big sloppy CPR-like kiss on you!



We are going to the beach for a whole week next week. I think Brenden will have a great time. We are looking forward to having a family vacation before the next baby arrives. He loves sand and water and big open spaces to run around so I have a feeling he'll adore the beach. We are getting a little house that is ocean front and has a screened in porch. I think that will be perfect for him. We all could use a nice vacation after the scare we had last week!

1 comment:

April said...

He is just adorable! And woohoo for no placenta issues this time!