This weekend I took Brenden to Discovery Place. I had been there once a LONG time ago but really had no idea they had so much there for preschoolers. They have a room just for younger kids like Brenden. He had a great time and got to see his buddy Bryce from his old daycare too.
Upon entering the kids room there is a water table with all kinds of squirters and objects to squirt to make move. He could have stayed at this table all day.
Upon entering the kids room there is a water table with all kinds of squirters and objects to squirt to make move. He could have stayed at this table all day.
His favorite activity by far was the giant "lite brite" toy. There were all of these colored cylinder pegs that you can put into the peg board and they light up. Brenden would put one in and then SCREAM out what color it was when it lit up and then DIE laughing. Soon he had about 6 other kids over at the activity just because they all saw how much fun he was having and wanted to join in.
It was 'all about trains' day there. I really expected more, but mostly you just got to do train themed activities. He got a cardboard conductor hat and got to put some cars and trains together at one of the activity tables.
Here is one of the activities they had in the section for older kids. These blocks were so cool. They are called citi blocs and they are so simple in design, but you can stack them up 5 feet tall and they were SO stable. I may go online and buy some of these for Brenden.
It was a great time. I really had no idea something like that would be so much fun for his age but I'd definitely LOVE to take him back there soon. It was totally worth the cost to see him have so much fun. He was on his best behavior (except for running away from me and trying to play in the one activity that was taped off because it was being repaired!) He really is so fascinated by educational activities so I think this was the perfect place for him. Next time I think we'll just stick to the young kids room and also I will pack my own lunch! $3.50 for a peanut butter and jelly sandwich is robbery!
1 comment:
HI -- I'm Logan Stewart, Public Relations Manager for Discovery Place. We saw your blog post through Google Alerts and just wanted to say thanks for visiting! We LOVE the post!
Logan
logans@discoveryplace.org
Post a Comment