About Me

My photo
I love being a mother, taking pictures, and lazy days on the beach.

Friday, September 30, 2011

Catching up!


September started off with a wonderful family beach trip. The kids had a blast! (and the parents too!) My college best friend and her family joined us. I loved having our kids together to play. The boys did great. Logan was okay with the beach. He liked the sand and the tide pools. Brenden LOVED the beach. We couldn't ever just take a walk on the beach with normal clothes on because EVERY time he'd end up in the ocean splashing and giggling.




They both had fun collecting rocks and shells on the beach




Brenden had no fear of the water at all!



We spent a day at the aquarium in Fort Fisher. The kids liked looking at all of the fish.


On September 8th my little Logan turned 2 years old. I can't believe how big he is!! We brought cookies to the daycare and Thomas the tank engine hats.


Unfortunately Logan got sick with a tummy bug so we had to cancel his birthday party. We had a few cupcakes at home with just the main family. Logan mostly dipped his candles in the frosting and licked them.



Logan is your typical 2 year old. He's got some teeth coming in so he's pretty iritable. We're trying to also wean him off of his precious Sassy. We're trying to get him down to just bedtime use but with the teething thats been difficult. He's so independent and silly. Every morning when I get up he asks me if I had a good nap. Yesterday I stopped at the store on the way home from daycare and he immediately realized we were going the wrong way and said "where we goin' mama?"  I said the store. He said "the store? which store?" I said Target and he says "oh, Target!" Lol. i just thought that was pretty good conversation for a kid that just turned 2.

Brenden is growing up by the minute too. He's reading words and spelling. His teachers constantly brag on how smart he is. He has the cutest little conversations with us. He just rolls out of bed giggling and talking his head off.

The kids are taking dance class at daycare. Brenden is also taking Soccer lessons. They both seem to really enjoy both classes. Logan and Brenden are now in adjoining classrooms since Logan is 2 now. Their playgrounds are separated by a chain link fence and when they're on the playground at the same time they will chase each other up and down the fenceline. I find it so funny that they fight over everything at home but when they have a chance to have their own space they are reaching through a fence to play with each other.

No comments: