About Me

My photo
I love being a mother, taking pictures, and lazy days on the beach.

Monday, July 28, 2008

Feeding Fun

Well we've been actively exploring the world of solid foods. I've been trying my best to make all of his babyfood. Today he had his first 'jar' food - squash. He HATED it. He actually started gagging and threw up when he ate it.. we're not a big squash family so I can easily say that we'll not be trying that one again. Its not like he needs to develop a taste for a food we never fix. He doesn't like green beans or peas right now either. He doesn't gag with them though. But after 2-3 bites he's spitting the rest out and making the 'yucky' face. He does like sweet potatoes and avocado. He LOVES peaches and bananas. I'm hoping he's not a picky eater like me.

He always is interested in putting his hands in his mouth with the food so I mixed a bit of peaches with cereal to make it thick and let him play in it. Be sure to click on this image to get the full size.. he has peaches in his hair, eyebrows, etc. He had fun :)


Here he is shoving his bib in his mouth to wipe the peas off his tongue. He is a very messy eater! (Its certainly NOT because Mommy can't hit a moving target :oP )


Here he is giving his sippy cup a try. He doesn't really suck anything out of it, or if he does it just runs down his chest, but he's getting the idea of holding it and putting the spout in his mouth.


This is veggie medley ..aka sweet potatoes and green beans. Its the only way I can trick him into eating his greens is to mix them with sweet potatoes. He is loving his high chair. He thinks he's such a big boy with his own seat!


This has nothing to do with food! This was the day he got his 6 month shots. I just thought this was the most pitiful expression known to man! Poor little sweatheart!


1 comment:

April said...

So cute Amy! He's so happy!